Monday, November 8, 2010

Poetry


Ever since I went to see Garrison Keillor at the Adams Center a few weeks ago and was completely entranced by his ability to recite poetry, I've been reading poems on a daily basis and listening to his Writer's Almanac each morning.  So last week for the family's newsletter card I incorporated a poem about Autumn.  I also played around with my new alcohol inks.  Created a piece of cardstock with the smoosh technique and then punched leaves which I adhered with a little foam tape to give them dimension.  I used one of my fourish stamps and colored it with 3 different shades of marker before stamping it.  I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Hope you like it too.  And here's the poem. . .

An Autumn Day

Pumpkins in the cornfield,

Gold among the brown,

Leaves of rust and scarlet

Trembling slowly down;

Birds that travel southward,

Lovely time to play;

Nothing is as pleasant

As an autumn day
-Carmen Lagos Signes

No comments:

Post a Comment