Monday, January 23, 2012

Clean and Simple 153

I had some free time in  the craft room Sunday while I was doing the laundry.  It's so nice to have my craft room next to the laundry room.  Great excuse to be in there while the laundry's going -- makes me feel really productive. 

After I cleared off my counter, I checked this week's challenges on Splitcoast and saw this really cool sketch on last Monday's Clean and Simple Card Challenge.  So I decided to play a little.  After about 3 hours I came up with this card.  You wouldn't think finding 3 shades of pink that went together would be so hard. 

I started out intending to just stamp a one-layer card but then the new designer series paper I got a few weeks ago (Everyday Enchantment) just seemed to blend so well I had to do some matting of the stamped image.  Believe it or not, Cricut Man did some design consulting on this one.  I allowed him to enter the Girl Cave :-) and while he was in there he gave me some suggestions that I thought were really good.  Who says a bean counter accountant dude can't be artistic :-)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment