Tuesday, July 1, 2014

6x6 Template



Had tons of fun making this year's 4th of July card.  While surfing this weekend found a really cool idea for using 6x6 paper pads.  It's kind of like that template for getting 10 cards from 1 piece of patterned paper.

You take 6 different papers from a 6x6 paper pad and use 1 of 2 templates to make the cuts.  From those cuts you arrange the pieces to make 6 different cards.  Here's an example of the templates:

And here's the link to blog to see more of the process and the resulting cards.  Way cool, huh?!

So I took this paper pad - one that I bought when we were on our Gal Pals road trip to Ben Franklin all those years ago.  It was just perfect for the 4th of July.  


And I picked one of the card designs from Template 2.  I didn't do the little banner pieces as I was running short on time and didn't add the brads because of the postage issue but I still loved how it turned out.

The "Let Freedom Ring" sentiment was from a My Digital Studio stamp set called "Red, White & Blue".  Just love the new version of MDS and the tool that lets you color different parts of the stamp.

I didn't have an oval punch that fit the sentiment so I did some serious math and figured out how to size and place an oval on Cricut Craftroom to cut them out.  My toys really got a work out with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment