Friday, August 27, 2021

Crushing on Cardstock - Cardstock Storage

 


Thanks for the bonus videos that were in the Crushing Cardstock class from Online Card Classes this morning! 

Several years ago I did a version of Jennifer McGuires’s method. I put all my Stampin Up and Gina K cardstock into 2 groups and then used magazine holders with tabbed paper dividers to organize by color. I keep the scraps of those colors in page protectors with the full sheets. It has worked SO well!

The rest of my cardstock was just a few pieces here and there of miscellaneous vendors – back from my beginner days when I was buying single sheets from my local scrapbook store and the big chains. So I have all my miscellaneous (“vendor unknown”) sheets in a 3rd set of magazine holders without paper dividers and instead just sorted in rainbow order. Those scraps from the miscellaneous sheets are cut down to my most used sizes (4.25×5.5, 3×4 and some 3 and 4 inch squares). Once cut, I keep them in an open photo storage box (picture in next post) with dividers by color categories. I have found I’m using my scraps SO much more! I even have a Pinterest board with a bunch of card ideas using scraps. And now this class has given me even more ways to use some of the scraps. All this makes my cardstock go a really long way!

All my specialty cardstock is in a drawer. That really needs to be organized soon as I sometimes forget what I have or don’t realize I’m getting low on something. Realized this week as I was taking this class that I only had one sheet of vellum in my whole craft room. Aaaaccck! SSS has now been placed :-)

The only thing I haven’t done is to make a swatch ring. It seems like I don’t have enough cardstock to really make that useful. Although I do have to admit that I bought the swatch ring from Stampin Up and I do use that often to find new color combinations. So maybe I should give it another thought and do one for my GinaK cardstock and any other I seem to buy in larger volumes?? I haven’t swatched my inks either but recently put that on the ToDo list as I seem to be constantly working to find good color matches – especially for those “vendor unknown” sheets.

Here's a better closeup of my dividers and scrap storage for the SU and GinaK papers. . .






No comments:

Post a Comment