Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Crushing on Cardstock - Day 1 Cards

  


Since summer vacation plans haven't turned out quite as I had hoped, I treated myself to a week of cardmaking. I'm taking the "Crushing on Cardstock" class from Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner's Online Card Classes. I'm only on the 2nd day and already it's been quite the creative adventure.

I had caregiving duties with Dad yesterday so all I was able to accomplish was watching the videos and getting the cardstock picked out and cut.

Man! Did they give you a lot for the money. Day 1 of class had 9 card techniques. And today, Day 2 was about the same. I hit the craft room early this morning ready to catch up. Going through the class information and giving the techniques a try has made me realize I must be the slowest cardmaker in the world. It's now getting close to dinner time and I've only finished 2 of the cards from Day 1 :-(

Card 1 above was full of trial and error. I didn't have any word dies that matched what I wanted to do so I tried a few from my Silhouette files. I messed up a bunch of the cuts trying to get a word shadow and finally gave up. I settled on mounting my word on circles. But sadly I messed those cuts up too. I was getting tired so I just cut the bad parts of the circle off. As it turned out it was quite a nice "creative deviation"! I really liked how it turned out.

Card 2 below was equally a challenge when I realized I cut my starting square too small and then had to adjust the width of the strips so I could get enough of a pattern out of the design. I originally intended to mount the die cut sentiment in the center but sadly there was a missing piece of the pattern in the lower left hand corner. So I decided to use the sentiment to hide it. Ditto on the "creative deviation"! I actually liked it better as it really shows off the pattern of the technique.


I have watched all the videos from Day 2 and think I have a plan. Hopefully there will be a little more crafty time after dinner and I can get at least ONE of the Day 2 cards done without too many mistakes and too much creative drama :-)

See you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment