Friday, August 27, 2021

Crushing on Cardstock - Miscellaneous Scrap Storage

 


Here's a pic of my scrap storage for all my miscellaneous cardstock. Posting here so I can share in the class gallery. 

I also have patterned paper scraps in here too. This system has worked SO well for me and has really made my cardstock and patterned paper go a LONG way!

I cut any scraps leftover from a project or cardmaking session into my most used sizes (4.25x5.5, 3x4 and 3 and 4 inch squares). I throw away anything else that cannot be cut to one of these sizes. 

I used to store my scraps in hanging files and didn't throw anything away. What I found with that method was that all the little scraps feel to the bottom and made the hanging files really fat and awkward to sort through. This new system - which I've been using for almost 5 years now - really makes things nice and easy for me. Cutting up the scraps is also a nice things to do when I don't have any crafting mojo but want to hang out in my craft room :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment