I had some acrylic stamps that mimicked stitches but for some reason I just couldn't get a clean image. Since I had 6 to make I didn't want to do the pen and ink work by hand. So I browsed through all the stamps set on My Digital Studio and found this one that was kind of the right theme. I also did the sentiment on MDS so I could make sure the color I chose for the word family would match the SU cardstock. Really love that feature.
Also - since I'm a little artistically challenged, I used the SU Color Coach to find a color combination I liked. Not sure if I would have ever thought of these 2 on my own but I really loved how it turned out. Cut some hearts on the Cricut and had a Sissix button die which I then tied on with some new twine I just got from Papertrey Ink. (Also ordered some baker's twine from them which I really love).
I'm still learning what you can and can't adjust on MDS and how to get the best print options. I messed up the printing on 2 of the cards but was able to save them with just a little creative deviation. I didn't think they looked too bad.