Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hybrids

This card I sent for this week's family newsletter is a hybrid card - part of it made with My Digital Studio and the rest made conventionally. I got the idea from a card on my favorite clean and simple blog Simplicity

I had some acrylic stamps that mimicked stitches but for some reason I just couldn't get a clean image.  Since I had 6 to make I didn't want to do the pen and ink work by hand.  So I browsed through all the stamps set on My Digital Studio and found this one that was kind of the right theme.  I also did the sentiment on MDS so I could make sure the color I chose for the word family would match the SU cardstock.  Really love that feature. 

Also - since I'm a little artistically challenged, I used the SU Color Coach to find a color combination I liked.  Not sure if I would have ever thought of these 2 on my own but I really loved how it turned out.  Cut some hearts on the Cricut and had a Sissix button die which I then tied on with some new twine I just got from Papertrey Ink.  (Also ordered some baker's twine from them which I really love).

I'm still learning what you can and can't adjust on MDS and how to get the best print options.  I messed up the printing on 2 of the cards but was able to save them with just a little creative deviation. I didn't think they looked too bad.
Hope you have  a good Wednesday.  Only 2 more days left to the work week.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment