Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Equal Time



Yesterday you got a look at this year's Father's Day cards.  So today I thought I'd give equal time and post this year's Mother's Day card.

Dug into another 6x6 paper pack and used 5 of the different coordinated papers.  Notice from yesterday's post and today's that I'm still very hung up on the blue and brown color palette :-)

Also did something a little different for the rosette.  At the time I made this card my craft room was a disaster and I didn't feel like clearing space to pull out the Cuttlebug and the Tim Holtz rosette die.  So I just grabbed the Scor-Pal and manually scored a strip of paper every 1/8 of an inch.  Turned out just fine I thought.  The only thing difference was not having the round pieces to cover the middle.  Small price to pay I think for quick and easy.

Looking forward to seeing you tonight.  Hope it all works out.  I'll be bringing the card kits I had with me from last week. I'm continue to play with scraps and have a couple of really cute card patterns I want to try.  
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment