Monday, August 23, 2010

Card Class

We had so much fun!  It's been a long time since all 3 of us learned something totally new - together.  Spent Saturday afternoon at Memory Lane exploring 4 techniques with alcohol inks.  We learned how to do a rust technique, a "crystal" or stained-glass technique, a smoosh technique and a "blow it off" technique.  Here's my samples.  Val and Mona's turned out much better but I didn't have my camera with me so I'll have to post them later.  And of course after having so much fun we had to make a "little" investment in all the stuff we needed to make more cards.  Eeesh!  I'm not sure any of us can afford to learn anything new! :-)

This is the regular pouncing technique on glossy paper.
This is the rust technique - really cool!  The bird is the stained-glass/shimmer technicque which is also on the flowers on the next card.


This is the "blow it off" technique - we used compressed air to blow the ink around until it looked like it was marbleized (sp?).


And finally - and most definitely least - my least favorite card that is - is my version of the smoosh technique.  I kind of ruined it when I tried to add a darker color.  Will definitely have to try this one again.  Wait until you see Mona and Val's samples of this technique - they're great!

No comments:

Post a Comment