Friday, August 20, 2010

Paper Tole

Isn't this birthday card beautiful!  This is my 2010 birthday card from Val.  I tease her all the time when I watch her do her paper tole cards. . . ."Is that one for me? :-) "  They are all so beautiful.  I certainly couldn't do it - don't have the steady hands and really don't have the patience that Val has.  You ought to see the ones from a Victorian Christmas kit she has.  Maybe she'll bring one next Tuesday night so we can get it photographed and up on the site (hint, hint Val ! :-) 

I found this good description of Paper Tole in the web.. . . .Paper tole - an art form that originated sometime in the 18th century, also known as three-dimensional decoupage, is the art of handcrafting three-dimensional pictures from flat prints. Paper tole art is created by skillfully cutting, shaping, and assembling pieces of paper layered onto an image until a three-dimensional version of the image emerges. The photo below shows a little more of the detail and dimension.
Tomorrow's post will hopefully be pics of the cards we're making at our Alcohol Ink class at Memory Lane.  Until then. . . .Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment