Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Sneak Peek. . .

I got home from craft night last night and found the door to my craft room closed.  I asked Cricut Man "What's Up?".  He said the carpenter had been at the house today starting the finishing work on the wall that had been damaged by the water earlier this spring and because the door to the outside was open so much the house was getting hot. 

But the closed door added some excitement - kind of like doing a big reveal on one of those HGTV home improvement shows.  And my reaction to the work that has been completed was about as over the top as the people on those shows. . . I squeeled with delight and just kept saying "Oh My Gosh!!, Oh My Gosh!!!  Take a look at what he's done so far. . . .

The beadboard and chair rail are up.  It's kind of hard to tell from this picture how cool the beadboard looks.  It really helps make the room look beachy and since this room is called the "Coastal Craft Room" that's a cool thing. 

But the thing I'm most thrilled with right now is the stamp shelf.  Although it looks built in, he actually built it so that it can be unscrewed from the wall and taken off.  So if and when I ever leave my lovely home at the "Jewel of the Pines", I can take it with me.  Here's a closer look.. . .


I feel like the room is starting to look like one of those in the magazines! 

Today he'll be working on the paint and hanging the old bathroom cabinet that I repurposed and Allan painted which will store all my Stampin' Up stamp sets.  I'll be sure to post the final pictures when it's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment