Thursday, September 23, 2010

$2 Bucks Worth

Check out these great cards and the tag that Val made last weekend at Memory Lane's $2 Class Day.  This first one was done with flower soft.  I just love these little hedgehog images.  I wish so bad they came as stamps but I think the kit is a pre-printed image you just embellish with  the flower soft.

This next one used Fantasy Film.  I missed out on both the original demo of this and the class :-(  But the way Val and Mona explained it's a film that you layer filament in between, press all the layers together with an iron and then stamp your image on and cut it out.  Isn't that leaf spectacular!  *And a quick sidenote on the patterned paper. . . .it's a really cute paper like the bark of a birch tree.  There were only 3 sheets left in the whole store and the person whose New Year's resolution was "No More Patterned Paper" bought the last 3 sheets all for herself!  Val - how could you?!!!!  Boy, you should have heard me and Mona squeal when she told us that.  Thankfully Val was quick to explain that Memory Lane has more on order.

This tag was done with a masking technique.  It's a new product.  The mask has reuseable sticky on one side.  It was placed on just a regular tag from the office supply store and then I think they used glimmer mists to put on the color and some distress inks to blend it together.  Val, is that right?

Next class at Memory Lane is the paper & jeweled pumpkin pin on Sunday.  Really looking forward to that.  Unfortunately, Val's got to work and Mona will be with her Honey-Bunny so I'm going alone.  I'll miss my gal pals but it was just too cute of a pin to pass up the class. 

Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment