Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Eye for Design

This is a card Mona made a couple of months ago.  I just LOVE IT!  She's got such an eye for design and color.  The things I love about it are:
  1. You guessed it. . . .Ric Rac!!  :-)
  2. The scalloped punch.
  3. The color combination.  I've been so drawn to the brown and blue this year.
  4. It highlights the wonderful patterned paper.  Great way to use paper with big patterns on a card.  Sometimes it's hard to do that if you're layering stamped images or sentiments on top of the patterned paper. 
  5. The way she took advantage of elements in the patterned for her embellishments.  Not sure if you can see if from the picture but there are jewel dots in the center of some of the designs.
I may have to  CASE her card and start digging in my paper stash looking for those big patterned papers and see where the inspiration takes me.  Ooooh! - kind of sounds like a "challenge", huh?! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment