Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yet Another Creative Deviation (@#$%! Wheel)

Here's the card I made last week for the weekly letters to my family.  As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I've been trying to keep these cards to one-layer and quick and easy.  So I had this great idea of just running my "Great Outdoors" stamp wheel over the bottom and then stamping a sentiment above.  Sounds simple, right?!  WRONG!  I could  not for the life of me get the ink and the pressure even on the wheel to get a clean strip.  At first I was able to get a clean prototype and thought I knew just the right place to press on the wheel to make sure it was even.  But when I went to do the same thing on the cardstock that I had already printed the letters on I could not for the life of me get a consistent image.  Of the 6 I was trying to make I only had 2 that looked OK enough to send.  So. . . .time for a creative deviation!  I ran the wheel about 12  more times on another piece of cardstock and was able to get 4 more clean images.  I then mounted those on a strip of green cardstock to cover up the boo-boos.  And then since the strip was matted I decided to mat the sentiment as well.  I have to tell you, I actually like the 2nd version better than the 1st.  Maybe all the frustration was really divine intervention!  :-)  But next time I see Val I will be talking to her about how to unmount the wheels.  I think she did that and since I do more card making than scrapbooking I really don't need a stamped border longer than what the unmounted stamp wheel would be laying flat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment