Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Hi"

Hope everyone had a good Labor Day.  Mine was nice and relaxing.  Got to spend a little time in the craft room on Saturday.  I've started sending weekly notes to my parents, Allan's parents and my Aunt Hazel.  Allan's father had a stroke a year or so ago and it's been hard on him to lose some of his mobility.  He says sometimes to Allan when asked how he is. . ."I'm still sitting here doing nothing".  Kind of sad.  And although my Aunt Hazel is pretty active, she's been so lonely since Uncle Bob died last year.  So we thought maybe a piece of  mail (other than a bill) might be a nice treat.  It's a great reason to make quick clean and simple cards like this one.  I just love this punch.  Not sure if you can tell from the picture but it punches and embosses.  One piece of patterned paper, a little ribbon and a scallop to highlight the punch was all it took to throw this one together. 

I also was able to get a card made for our 1st Gal Pal Sketch challenge.  Can't post it though until next week's Big Reveal.  Since Mona and Val voted last week to extend our deadline to next Tuesday, hopefully I'll get a couple more made between now and then.  Lots of ideas swimming in my head but just haven't spent the time putting them together.  How 'bout you girls? - any progress yet? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment