Monday, February 7, 2011

Birthday Easel Card

Happy Monday My Gal Pals,

Hope you had a good weekend.  Mine was pretty good.  Spent 3 hours on Saturday morning putting together my Stampin' Up order.  Tried my best to control myself and set a firm budget but just like congress I kept raising the budget ceiling! 

But I'm pretty happy with the collection of tools and supplies I ordered and was really excited to see how much I was saving with this one-time 30% discount.  Guess I can justify it if I don't spend another dime on craft stuff this year! :-)

Continuing on with the Birthday theme I started last week, here's my first attempt at an easel card.  I made this for my Dad's birthday in December.


Love this color combination for a masculine card.  I intended for the big brads to be the way to hold up the easel part of the card but I guess my measurements must have been off because it made the card front lay too low.  Thank goodness the sticker border had some thickness to it.  Learned lots about what to do and not do for the next one I make.

And here's the sentiment I put inside.  It's also a wish I'm sending to you today. 

Have a good Monday! See you tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment