Monday, February 28, 2011

My Design Studio

Funny story about this card which is this week's card for the family newsletter. . .

I started out wanting to  use the Sweet Summer stamp set some more.  Found this clean and simple card pattern on a blog.  But as I was getting ready to stamp it, I realized I was going to have to use the computer for the sentiment I wanted. 

I thought. . ."well let me use my new Stampin' Up "My Design Studio" (MDS) so I can match the font color exactly to the SU ink color."  Then I remembered that one of my Sale-A-Bration freebies was the CD that had the entire contents of the SAB catalog on it - which included the images from Sweet Summer.  So I thought . . ."well let's load it up and see if I can do the entire card using MDS. 

Except for the struggles I had figuring out on to print 6 copies of it most efficiently, it was really easy.  I wanted it to look a little more homemade so I matted the image on matching Green Galore cardstock and then mounted that to the printed letter/card and added some sparkle sticker dots which I got at Memory Lande to the centers of the flowers.

How cool to have all the stamps digitally and have options for colors when you don't have all the ink pads yet.  May have to explore some more of these sets/downloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment