Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Inch by Inch


I've been playing around with some inchie stamps.  This is a candy box I made for Staci and Debbie as a thank you for being so good to me on National Scapbooking Day.  I found some little treat boxes at Michaels.  I wanted to use the inchie stamps to decorate the outside of the box but unfortunately the box had a glossy finish on the outside which I find hard to stamp on.  So I just covered it with paper.  Used my new corner punches for the top of the box.  Here's a couple of other views of the project:



I made a similar treat box for my Aunt Hazel - tucking the wrapped candies into a bobbin box that I hope as a quilter she can make good use of. 

I found another inchie set at JoAnn's and one from PaperTrey stamps that I'll be playing with soon.  Just thinking that they're very versitle - they can make such cute embellishments or can also be part of a bigger focal on a card. Here's a cute card pattern I found on Splitcoast - love the clean style - and the way it makes good use of the inchies.  Plus it's a citrus color which I seem to be really drawn to these days.  More on that tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment