Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Springtime Wishes


As I was driving home last night after craft night in the warmth of one of our first sunny days, it struck me how green everything was.  The balsom root is blooming on the south side of the hill next to I-90 . . . a sure sign spring is really here.  It will probably be another 2 weeks before they'll be blooming up in my area but what a thing to look forward to.

Here's the card from last week's family newsletter.  It is my take on this one that one of my SU team mates made for a swap we did at the last downline meeting.  I love the pink and green color combination.  And also loved trying out the matting of the label.  I saw on Stampin' Pretty's blog how she punches a second label in her mat color, then cuts it in half and positions it behind the stamped label.  You can split it either way - vertically or horizontally.  Kind of cool.  Will have to try it on some of the other label punches soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment