Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Time!


The house is a little chilly this morning as I write this.  It confirms what I was saying at the shop the other night. . . it's time to start thinking some more about Christmas cards.  I typically make and send about 60 cards.  I told Val that rather than make 60 of the same thing - which is what I've been doing the last couple of years - I'm going to try to make 10 of 6 different designs.  Seems like when I make too many of the same thing I end up hating the card by the time I'm done.  Does that ever happen to you?

This cards is one from Mona's stash and uses a stamp set from several years ago.  I really like it!  And it's a design that could be nice and flat for mailing if I just replace the little star embellishment she used with a punched star.  And I'm really excited and playing with some of the new S.E.I. papers that came in last week at the shop.  I love, love, love the one called stargazing with the brown background, white snowflakes and cherry red dots.


2 more work days until the long weekend and hopefully a little play time in the craft room!  Have a good Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment