Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Butterfly Punched Flowers


This is a card I made for Val during the height of all her bad breaks life was throwing at her.  The tide has started to turn a little but it's slow building momentum.  Let's hope smooth sailing is not far around the corner. 

I made the flower on the card at the shop on Tuesday this winter.  It was a technique I read about somewhere out in blog land.  But you basically take the Stampin' Up Butterfly Punch and punch 5 images out of double-side paper.  Then you fold them a little off center and interlock them and attach them to a circle that's been backed with score tape.  Attach a big decorative brad in the middle and "Ta-Da!" you've got a really cute embellishment.

The stamp is one of the little cuties from Stampendous that Memory Lane has been carrying more of.  I love them!  And the sentiment was so perfect for this card.  The paper was from one of the 6x6 Lime Twist paper packs - another of my favorites that the shop has been carrying.

And since I had a few punches and scraps on the craft counter after I made this, I threw together one more. . . .


The flower on this one I didn't get interlocked as well so it looks a little different but I curled the paper more which gave it some more dimension.  But I loved the paper and color combinations.  I think one of the neices will get this one for their birthday.

See ya at the shop later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment