Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Touch of Kindness


Here's a card I made with Stampin Up!'s "Touch of Kindness" stamp set.  I bought it because it seemed so perfect for the weekly family cards.  Plus there was lots of opportunity for coloring - something that I love to do!

I really liked how sweet this one turned out.  I found a piece of stray 12 x 12 patterned paper in my stash - just enough for six 4 x 5 1/4 card bases.  It was a really neat color of teal blue and it was polka dot to boot.  Next to ric-rac, polka dots are my next favorite thing.  The SU Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border punch was just a perfect fit. 

I'm not sure if you can see in the picture but I used an old, old corner punch - one way back from the days at the Pumpkin Carriage - and then kept the polka-dot them going with a little dot of white gel pen in the center of the punched corners.  I finished off the focal image with some silver sticker lines which I thought gave it a bit more of a finished look.  Lately I just haven't been too fond of just a flat piece of paper matted on another flat piece of paper.  I've been inking my edges more often now or doing something to blend in the edges on my mats.  Not sure where that bug came from but can't seem to help myself.

Hope you enjoy the card and the day.  See you tonight at the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment