Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More Scrap Cards


I guess I'm going to declare this week's post to scraps.  Here's a card I made from some scraps from the weekly family card.  It turned out so cute and I liked it so much I gave it to Val for her birthday.  I played around with some paper piecing on this one.  I just really wanted the image to tie in with this paper.  I like the coordination part of putting cards together.  Maybe because I'm not very good at collage type cards.  Coordinating color and pattern then becomes a way of stretching a little without getting too collage-gy.

Here's another version of the same card sketch.  Not quite as cute as Val's birthday card but still cute. 


Both cards gave me an opportunity to use some of the $1 Snag 'em Stamps from Imaginisce that Debbie and Staci sometimes keep up at the counter. That's what I like - impulse items you have to buy but you're only out a buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment