Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nostalgia




Hi Gal Pals,

Sorry for being M.I.A. for the last couple of days.  We went up to South Carolina last weekend to see Allan's brother and his family and after getting back I started my planning and list making for winding down our time here in Jacksonville.  Some of things on the list included time with Mom wrapping a few chores up at her house.  

While waiting for her to get dressed one morning I was poking through her office closet and found a box of pictures that I hadn't seen in awhile.  I took a timeout and did a little wandering down Memory Lane :-)

Found this silhouette cut of myself from way, way back.  Remember when these were popular?  Do you have one of yourself hidden somewhere?

Also found on the dining room table a paper-crafted birthday "wallet" I made for Mom back in 2009.  Not sure why she had that out but it tickled me to see it again.  Sorry the pictures aren't better but at least they captured a little of the essence of the gift. . .

I especially liked the quote at the end. . .sure does fit this time and place.

"When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses."  
~Joyce Brothers






No comments:

Post a Comment