Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tulips of a different kind.. . .


Here's the card I did for the weekly family newsletter.  This card kind of came together in pieces. I used a picture my brother John sent me of his Tulip Poplar tree in bloom.  Isn't is gorgeous?!  And a couple of weeks ago while flipping through a copy of CardMaker from last year looking for inspiration for Easter cards I found a beautiful quote. . . ."Blossom by blossom, the Spring begins".  I was looking for a way to use that on a card and then John's photo came along.  And as I sat down to make the card Sunday night, the bulk SU patterned paper I had ordered the week before was sitting on the work table and the greens just complimented the photo beautifully.  I was pretty pleased with the final product.

With both Gal Pals recuperating, I'm feeling a little lonely.  Hope everyone gets well very, very soon.  Know that I'm thinking of you and sending healing thoughts. 

Happy Hump Day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment