Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why Don't I Do This More?. . . .

I was cleaning up the craft room the other night and came across a couple of unfinished scrapbook albums.  I found myself sitting and looking at the pictures and reading the journaling.  They are the same set of pages I've been looking at and reading for probably 5 years now.  No new pages I'm sad to report.  Except a couple that Allan and I worked on together a couple of months ago.  I just don't know why I don't scrapbook more.  Especially when capturing the memories and stories feels so good. 

Maybe I should think about using the upcoming National Scrapbook Day as a sort of New Year's Resolution to put the card making on the back burner for a little while and refocus some energy and time on my scrapbooks.  Will have to give that a little thought. 

In the meantime here are 3 very, very simple pages Allan and I put together to document his family for his Aunt Lorraine's 80th birthday.  She passed away this year but seeing these pages triggers the memories of Allan's stories of her.  Isn't that what it's all about?




No comments:

Post a Comment