Friday, January 7, 2011

Gift Card Holders - Part 2

As I mentioned in the last post, Allan gives his neices and nephew a Visa gift card each Christmas.  I wasn't quite sure what kind of gift holder I was going to make for them this year. 

One Sunday morning while we were having breakfast at Cracker Barrell I found these little fidget toys that I thought might make a nice stocking stuffer for the kids and that it might be cute to incorporate them on a gift card holder. 

But then as time got tight and the deadline for getting things in the mail was upon me, I had to think of a Plan B.  Remembered these gift bags I made earlier in the year.  It was from this pattern for a "2-5-7-10 Box" on the Splitcoaststampers Resource page.

So I used a couple of sheets of embossed, glittered Christmas paper from a Debbie Mumm pack I bought at JoAnn's years ago and made a few more.  I tucked the fidget toy down inside with the gift card and a couple of pieces of candy.  In this picture the ribbon is still kind of long as I took the picture before I trimmed it up.  I think they turned out pretty cute. 

I have to say this pattern is really nice to have.  It takes about 5 minutes to make and is a nice little project for those times when you want just a little papercrafted something for someone special.

No comments:

Post a Comment