Monday, January 24, 2011

Love is in the air


Hi Gal Pals,

Hope you had a good weekend.  Mine was pretty good.  Had a fun Friday Night Date which I'll tell you about Tuesday night.  Spent Saturday morning working on the Hobsons project and then the afternoon doing chores around the house.  Glad I got that out of the way because I then spent all day on Sunday in the craft room.  Yea!!  Spent half of the time just playing with techniques - tried my Twinkling H2Os, experimented with a Guidelines stamp set from Papertrey ink that has lots of potential and of course more organizing of the overflow of supplies.  Then spent the last half of the day making a pretty card for the weekly family newsletter using my Aunt Shirley's crocheted flowers.  I'll bring a sample of Tuesday night.

So we're back to "Love".  This week have a few more Valentines day cards to share with you.   This is a really cool stamp I picked up at JoAnn's years ago.  It's one solid block with 3 varieties of hearts.  I stamped it in white and then heat embossed it with white to try to make it really stand out.  I cut the hearts apart and mounted it on burgundy cardstock.  Again, you can tell how old the card is by the metal and the vellum. Kind of a recurring theme, huh?! :-)

Mona/Val - if you have any Valentines cards or projects in your stash, can you bring them Tuesday night so I can take pictures and get them on the blog?

Hope you have a good start to your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment