Monday, January 3, 2011

A Look Back at Christmas Crafting

Hi Gal Pals,

Took an extra day off from work to make a long New Years holiday.  Had good intentions of getting a bunch of things caught up but was feeling a little puney.  So I spent some time sitting quiet and doing a little reflection about the year and turning thoughts to the New Year.  I have to say I'm pretty pleased at what a busy place my craft room was these last 2-3 months.  Will be posting a few things that came out of there for Christmas. 

I guess the first one and the one I'm most proud of is the Countdown to Christmas frames I made for my mother and Aunt Hazel.  I was really happy with the way they turned out.  It was one of those projects where selfishly I wanted to keep one for myself .  I think I've got enough paper left to do that so maybe that will be my first Christmas project of 2011 !!!

This first picture is one of the frames and the 12 days of envelopes that contained daily Christmas quotes, a piece of chocolate and a bottlecap magnet with a number of the countdown day.  I'm not sure if you can telll from this picture but there are magnets all around the outside of the frame and one in the center of the ornament inside that frame as placeholders for where each day's magnet goes.

I smashed bottle caps which I got at a local brewery supply store and filled them with Christmas papers and a die cut number.  Then filled them with Crystal Effects.  I don't have a picture of it but I also made a bottle cap with a picture of me and Allan inside it.  The thought was that on Christmas Day, they would open the last envelope, replace the "generic" bottle cap that was in the center of the frame with the one of me and Allan and it would be a Merry Christmas wish from the 2 of us.


Here's a picture of what's inside each envelope.


And here's a close up of the frame with all 12 days worth of magnets attached.  Thanks for letting me share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment