Friday, April 19, 2013

Great Quote - Not So Great Card



"Do your little bit of good where you are.  
It's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world."
~ Desmond Tutu

I love that quote.  I used it on a card to the family one week last summer as I was telling them about the man who took it upon himself (at his own expense) to landscape a flower garden on one of the downtown corners.  Do you remember the story?  What a wonderful gift of a "little bit of good".


I can't remember where I CASE'd the card design from but this was one of those times when I was frustrated by my Essential Tremors.  I loved the stamp (it's from SU-Mixed Bunch), the colors and the use of the border.  But I didn't have a stem/leave stamp that was proportional so I attempted to draw it freehand.  Eeesh!  It looks like a 2nd grader did it.  Sure glad the family loves me and forgives my shortcomings when it comes to cardmaking.

Here's wishing you a Happy Friday with hopes of spring flowers right around the corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment