Monday, April 8, 2013

Halfway to a Long Life



Good morning Gal Pals!

Boy! Am I tired today.  It was a busy, busy weekend.  Saturday I took my Mom shopping - a combination of errands for her and errands for the 50% party for Allan.  Mom did really great.  She refused to let me take the wheelchair saying that she needed to build endurance.  How could I argue with that.  I couldn't believe how much she walked.  So very proud of her.

And then Sunday was the big party.  A family celebration of Allan reaching the halfway point in his treatment.  Hard to believe we only have 4 more weeks left.  It was a good party - full of fun, laughter, music, good food and well wishes.  We played games - accompanied by very loud groans from the guys - had some trivia questions about proton therapy and I even wrote him a silly song.  I think he was very done with me by the end of the day.  And I have to say I'm pretty done with my ownself too :-)

So back to work this morning with much gratitude in my heart and hopes and dreams for a long and wonderful life with Cricut Man.

This card is one of the family cards from awhile back.  Used one of the $1 stamps Staci has in the bin along with a stamp from an SU set I can't think of the name now.  I also used one of the Tim Holtz embossing folders - the one that looks like part of a brick wall.  It's kind of hard to tell in this picture but it really looked good with the theme of the card.

Hope you had a good weekend too and that your work week gets off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment